Front-end Developer - Stockholm
Sigtyre Solutions, part of the Rush Entertainment Group, are an innovative new company who are on a mission to change gambling for good.
We believe that players are the heart of the industry and should always be treated that way. By working closely with them, we are building a platform that changes the rules of the industry forever. We’re building it from the ground up, using the most innovative technologies in the world.
The end result: A change for the good whilst giving half of our net profits back to the fans.
Our mission is to disrupt a huge industry full of sleeping giants. You don’t have to be a fan of gambling (or even sport!) to join us, but you do have to be a fan of wanting to use the latest technology to change something that we believe is fundamentally flawed. If you have a passion for all things technical and love the idea of working on groundbreaking and exciting tech projects, we’re right up your street.
So who are we?
- A multitalented talented, international, cross-functional team spread out right across the globe!
- A well funded company, with investment and backing from key industry leaders from both the world of sport and gaming
- A truly collaborative environment, working across multiple projects together making great things
- Autonomy and trust, take ownership and control of your own work
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for talented engineers to help us build great things. We’re cross-functional, managing both B2B and B2C components across multiple exciting projects within the Rush group, so it’s important to us you work well in a collaborative environment.
See the opportunity - you’ll be a key team member so we expect you to step up and help shape the team as we grow.
Make your voice heard - collaboration and the ability to express ideas is key. Decisions are made based on the best ideas, not who came up with them no matter if it’s you’re first day or you’ve been with us a while.
Be a self-starter – we’re a startup and so you should be self-motivated, have energy, drive and be ready to make the difference.
Think critically - with a strong ability to solve problems and collaborate on ideas, you’ll help influence our technical direction.
A depth of knowledge – you’ve been there and done it. You know your stuff and that’s what makes you a crucial, go-to member of the team.
Flexible approach - an open mind and ability to adapt. While sharing your own knowledge and experience, you’re still keen to learn from the experiences of others too.
Ok, sounds good. So what would I be doing?
Great question! You’ll be working across a variety of exciting greenfield projects, including our already established Fantasy Brands, as well as our B2B operations and real-time data-driven platform (as well as something else we’re pretty excited about... but we're playing our cards pretty close to our chest on that one for now!)
As a Front-end Developer you’ll be involved in everything we’re building with all kinds of different challenges. Reporting directly to our Head of Engineering, your advice and input will contribute directly to strategic decisions that will affect our company roadmap. Everything from helping deploy modern web applications to implementing statistical models, using real time data streaming to handling distributed cloud infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to come and be an important part of a small yet diverse and talented team working on revolutionising the space with the best new technologies while disrupting a huge industry in the process.
What is our technical stack/requirements?
- Experienced with modern JS and tooling (ES6+, TypeScript, webpack preferred)
- Use modern frameworks (ideally React or similar) and state management
- Realtime, Web Workers, Proxies, WebSockets (and other modern browser technologies)
- Strong understanding of HTML and modern CSS
What are some of our daily challenges?
- Building real time, sports based applications in the browser - processing live sports data through websockets and other modern frontend technologies.
- Creating great user experiences through user-centred design and product development.
- Ensuring code is reliable, well tested and deployed regularly.
- Crafting customer facing and internal products; creating elegant and effective applications to visualise and interact with data.
- Interacting with our backend services and REST APIs and helping to make those platforms better.
- Collaborating with the team on innovative new games and features.
- Great Salary: We only want the best
- Generous Bonus Package: You’ve worked hard, above and beyond in fact, and we believe commitment should be rewarded
- Free onsite Gym: We need to make sure you're in the best of health after all
- Health Insurance: Just. In. Case. Because your health is key
- Pension Contribution: You’re helping us plan for now, it’s only right we help you plan for later
- Generous Learning/Conference budget: We believe good talent should not only be celebrated, but invested in too!
- Team Events and Activities: Work hard, play hard.
- Choice of hardware: It’s important you feel comfortable and have the right tools for the job. (Honestly Mac or Windows, we promise we won’t judge)